You may have heard of chakras when you visited a local health store or you looked in a new age jewelry shop.
You know that each one is a different color and they somehow line up along your spine.
That may be all you know, but to understand reiki and what it can do for you, you will need to understand what chakras are.
Here is some information that may help you better understand your first reiki appointment and any treatment that is mentioned afterwards.
Number of Chakras
The first thing to understand about your chakras is the number.
There are seven chakras and each one has a specific color and function.
Each one of the seven chakras is a center of energy in the body.
They are aligned from the top of your head and move down the spine.
You will see this often in chakra charts depicting the person sitting down in a lotus like meditative position.
The chakras start at the head and go to the base of the spine, stopping at the ground or grounding point to the earth.
Purpose of Each Chakra
Each chakra has a purpose.
1. The root chakra is located at the base of your spine and represents money, food, and other survival issues in your daily life.
If you are having life struggles, like financial issues or issues with providing for yourself that are leading to stress, you may obtain root healing.
2. The next chakra, sacral, deals with accepting others.
3. The third, moving up the spine to the head, is the solar plexus and represents self-esteem.
4. The fourth is the most commonly referred to chakra known as the heart chakra, and represents inner peace.
5. The fifth is the throat and represents communication.
6. The sixth is the third eye, which sits in that location, and represents wisdom and imagination.
7. The final chakra, located at the top of the head, is the crown chakra and represents the full connection of all the chakras.
Centering and Healing Chakras
Reiki plays into your chakras as the method which many use to align their chakras or cleanse them.
“If there are issues in your life, the chakra associated with that issue is the focal point.
Your reiki therapist then works to cleanse that chakra and realign all your chakras with the cleansed energy to bring a clear crown chakra.
There are a number of ways to help center yourself and balance your chakras.
You can use crystals, reiki healing, and even meditation.
The point is, that in order to reset your body, knowing your chakras is vital.