Short Healthy Mindful Eating Meditation for Eating Control.
In the middle of the day, many people have an afternoon slump when their energy lowers and they feel sleepy or anxious for the work day to be over.
This is an excellent time to take a break and have a healthy snack to provide your body and mind with more energy.
It also supplies you with the opportunity to do a short eating meditation while enjoying your snack.
- Bring your favorite fruit with you and enjoy it slowly during the late afternoon.
- Don’t do anything during this time except eat your fruit.
- Even if you are eating it at your desk, close your computer or move your chair so that you aren’t looking at the screen.
- You may even want to close your eyes so that you can more fully experience the sensations of eating the fruit.
- Feel your mouth opening to take a bite.
- Feel your teeth sink into the meat of the fruit.
- Taste the sweetness.
- Chew slowly and savor every taste, every movement of your jaw chewing the fruit.
- Smell the sweetness that is released with each bite. What do you notice that you never had before? How long has it been since you really tasted this, your favorite fruit?
Once finished, you can go back to work with a more relaxed, focused mind, a replenished body and a fuller appreciation for the gifts the Earth gives you.
Mindful Eating Meditation for a Meal 15 Minutes of Guided Mindfulness by Serenity and Peace
Welcome to this guided meditation on mindful eating.
This meditation is specifically meant for when you want to eat a whole meal mindfully.
So the pace will be a little bit higher than when you’re doing the classical let’s eat along the raising meditation.
When you have your meal ready in front of you.
You can start the meditation.
Let’s start with just sitting there in front of our meal for a moment.
Not seeing it yet just looking at it.
Perhaps you can feel grateful for having this food.
Grateful that you can nourish yourself.
Courtesy of Serenity and Peace